Matt, Heather, Jones & Macrae:

ChurchVenture  HOME PAGE

Our passion is to build communities that are loyal to Jesus.

Please ...

  1. Watch our video
  2. Subscribe to our blog
  3. Consider supporting us. Follow the green button ...
Watch Video Full Screen

Monday, April 28, 2008

What risky, innovative and world changing things are you doing?

One of my top 10 movies of all time is Operation Condor featuring Jackie Chan. It's a total guy movie. Lot's of hilarious martial arts fighting sequences. Recently I found the top 10 Jackie Chan stunts on YouTube (featured below) which gave me that nostalgic childhood adventure feeling -- kupow!

These stunts were MORE than incredible! They were life endangering, original and set Jackie apart in his field. They make you gasp!

It got me thinking. Am I innovating/risk taking, or just imitating because it's "safe"? Jackie Chan did not settle for safe. He pushed the boundaries. So, am I living a life for Jesus that puts him first, or just copies what others are doing? Will I only do things that feel safe?

Some challenge questions I am asking myself:
  1. What theological convictions have I simply accepted and not sought God on myself?
  2. Are there any other motives behind my leadership roles other than helping others and making God look BIG?
  3. What am I afraid of?
  4. What do I procrastinate about? Why?
  5. Do I know WHY we do church the way we do? Do I know WHY others do it their way?
  6. Do my actions line up with my life goals?
  7. What things will I NOT seek advice or help on?
  8. Do I have non-negotiables with God?
Checkout the top 10 Jackie Chan Stunts:

1 comment:

Erik Gibson said...

That was insane and awesome.